My summer passed as a lightning strike through my life, so fast, so intensely, so tumultuous. I was afraid of this summer, as I’m afraid of storms. Even though, I always kept in mind that “after the rain is sun”. More than that, now my life became a real rainbow. I would like to share with you 13 memorable events about my summer!
1. This summer, Katya, a dear friend of mine got married. It was one of the best weddings I’ve ever been. I am very happy for you guys, wish you to love each other all your life, as you do now.
2. This summer I poured my lungs with salt air at Salina salt mine, that reaches a depth of 208 meters. It was a great salt therapy. Still it was pretty cold down there, 12 degrees all around the year. So, the winter cap and the sweatshirt were very useful 🙂
3. This summer I climbed to the top of a mountain, for the first time in my life. It was a crazy idea, I thank my friend for this challenge. It took us 8 hours to reach the top. Sincerely, I wasn’t prepared for this kind of effort, I should admit it was huge. I thought I would give up half way, but no, I resisted till the end. I knew I’m strong- willed, but this adventure exceeded my expectation about myself. By the way, there are bears in the Bucegi Mountains in Romania. “WARNING- BEARS” notice didn’t scare me as much as the mounds of bear shits we’ve seen in the woods. Hopefully we didn’t meet any bear, but we had all the chances 😀
4. This summer I spent almost 2 months in Italy and tried to communicate with locals as much as I could. Now I feel confident about my Italian and speak it fluently together with the gestures Italians do.
5. This summer I got to know Modigliani, Toulouse-Lautrec, Klee and got more close to Picasso. I found an old collection of Art books, it made me so curious that I didn’t give up until I finished reading all the books. These painters had different life paths, but all of them are so fascinating.
6. This summer “I’ve killed the materialistic beast” that lived inside of me. For me, Milan is far from the meaning “fashion capital”. I consciously ignored all the seasons sales and didn’t buy anything except the things I really needed. I stopped measuring my happiness through things I own. Happiness is about the world within us.
8. This summer I attended an opera performance at La Scala, the world renowned opera house in Milan. It was a magnificent experience.
10. This summer I had a divine journey in the South of France. A lot of thanks to my angel from Antibes.
11. This summer I experienced how does it feel to miss somebody.
12. This summer I saved Sisi, a little dog, that I found alone and scared in the middle of the street. I tried to find “her family “ in the neighborhoods, but there was nobody. I was afraid she can get hit by a car, so I took her home, hoping to find any announcement about the dog’s loss. I couldn’t keep it over the night, but found her a great place to stay. At the second day, “the adoptive mother” took Sisi to the veterinary, hopefully she had a microchip and we found her mistress, an old wheel chaired lady. She was so happy to have Sisi back. I enjoyed Sisi’s company, I am going to have a dog someday, surely, a bigger one
13. The most enthusiastic thing about this summer is that I started a big adventure called Erasmus experience. I’ve just arrived in Poland one week ago, but I’ve managed to do so many things already. I’ve met a lot of people and some of them are really special. I do believe that “people make the place”, from this point of view Wroclaw is just amazing. The good news is that I’ll have plenty of time to discover it. The city is very colorful. Colors give a kind of “aura” to this place. You just go outside and you can easily feel Wroclaw’s vibe and energy. At the same time, the city is peaceful, clean and very green, at least during the summer. Needless to say, Wroclaw is situated in “the heart of Europe”, very close to Prague, Berlin, Vienna and other places worth sightseeing. I’m thrilled that I’m going to visit these places very soon.
What was special about your summer?
This is one of my favorite songs from the times I used to be a DJ at a radio station. Enjoy!